Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sacramento, California











Even though Dan and I are both from the Sacramento area (me from birth until age 51, Dan since the 1970’s), neither one of us had ever properly toured our own state capital. Sure, we had been inside numerous times, it is a fixture in downtown Sacramento, and I’ve even ran a couple of 5K’s that started on the capital grounds. And, since visiting all the state capitals is one of our goals, we felt Sacramento should be no different. So one day when the 5th wheel was in the shop for routine maintenance, we took off on foot to tour downtown Sacramento and the capital. I’ve always felt that Sacramento has one of the prettiest capital buildings and the surrounding park, and so far I haven’t changed my mind. Not to say I won’t – we’ve only seen seven so far! I worked right across the street from the capital for 20 years, and one of my favorite things to do during my lunch break was to walk around Capital Park. The entire loop measures 1.1 mile, and is a beautiful tree-lined walk with flowers, birds, squirrels, lots of people, and changing scenery depending on the season of the year. Attached are some pictures of our tour.

No comments: