Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cannon Beach, Oregon








For a very long time my mother wanted to have a family gathering in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Many years ago, when my father was still alive, her dream was to rent a place on the beach for several weeks, and have her five daughters and their families come as they were able, to spend as much time as they could. For one reason and another, this never happened, and after my father passed away, the idea seemed to fade away as well. Then late last year my youngest sister decided to revive the Cannon Beach trip, but this time it would just be Mom and her daughters. The plan was put together, with each sister assigned a task, and soon everything was in place. On April 18th we all arrived – Terry, Nancy, and Jennifer coming from California (Southern and Northern), Chris plus Mom coming from Washington, and me. Dan and I were currently staying in Washington, so I rode with Chris and Mom. The first night we were there Terry gave each of us a memory tote bag filled with goodies – it was like opening a stocking on Christmas morning! Throughout the weekend, we cooked, ate, played games, laughed, talked, cried, walked on the beach, shopped in Cannon Beach, flew kites, and one night some of us stayed up until 4:00 in the morning. It was a really good visit, and I am so very happy we were able to do this!

No comments: