Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby Niko





















Do you believe in Serendipity? How about Synchronicity? I just have to believe that something like this was at work to bring us to Michigan this summer at the same time my daughter Mindy was going to be here to have her first child. When we decided last year to return to Hillman this year, Mindy had no plans of being in Michigan, and no plans to have a baby. But as fate or destiny or just dumb luck would have it, she and I ended up in a state 2200 miles away from Sacramento at the same time, which allowed me the great privilege of being here for the birth of Nikolai, my 6th grandchild, and 3rd grandson.

Baby Niko was born July 5th, and I was able to be at the hospital the whole time Mindy was in labor, up to, and following the birth. Milan, Niko's proud father, was by Mindy's side the whole time giving her much needed support. Niko's two grandmas were able to spend the next 3 weeks helping the family get settled into their new way of life, and I just want to say again how happy I was able to be a part of this wonderful experience.

Here are some pictures of little Niko.

No comments: