Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back in Sacramento





We arrived in Sacramento in a flurry of activity. Only here ten days, and already we have attended a funeral and a birthday party, gone skiing, and been to two (respective) dental appointments. We have visited with our kids and grandkids, and a few of our friends. Because this is our “home base” in a way, it is a place where we will take care of a lot of business. We will use the time here to regroup and prepare for our trip to Alaska in a couple of months. Any work that needs to be done to the 5th wheel and truck will be handled while we are here. And of course, as much time as possible spent with the kids and grandkids since it will be several months before we come back this way after we leave in April. As you can see, I am one very happy Grandma with my Grandson in my arms!

March is a very busy birthday month for us. Three of my four daughters are born in March, as are both Dan and I. Four of the birthdays are within 4 days of each other (2 on the same day), so we just have one great big party for everyone. Sort of like Christmas in March. Other activities planned while we are here include more skiing, some coastal hikes, visiting with friends, and a “real” visit to the capital. We will also take our annual Feather Falls hike near Oroville, which we have been doing for the last five years. I will be running a half marathon on March 16th, my first one! My goal this time is just to finish! I’ve attached a picture of me running on the American River Parkway trail. On that day, I ran 11 miles as part of my half marathon training. The Parkway is so pretty; I can’t count the number of times I have rode my bike, walked, and now run on various portions of the 23 mile trail. It’s nice to have the trail so close to where we are staying, only about two miles from our front door!

No comments: