Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Celestial Seasonings

Celestial Seasonings tea has been a part of my life for more than 30 years. Not only do I love their wide variety of delightful teas, I've enjoyed the beautiful art work on the tea boxes, and any number of logo items, including sleepwear, mugs, teapots, magnets, and decorative tins. I can't remember a time when there wasn't a box of Sleepytime tea in my kitchen cabinet (among many others), and I always look forward to reading the quotes and quips on the wonderfully decorative boxes. While we were in Golden, Colorado we were just down the road from Boulder, home of Celestial Seasonings, so of course we took advantage of this and set aside time to take the tour! I had heard that the original artwork for the box designs hung on the walls of the Tea Shop, and I was really looking forward to finally seeing this in person. Our tour consisted of free samples of several teas being brewed in the Tea Shop, a short video that gave us a history of the company, a guided tour through the factory (no pictures allowed inside), and ended up with an exit into the store where all their teas and accessories are on display and for sale. We had lunch at their on-site restaurant, and after conferring with our server, we were prepared a very delightful vegan meal (Tempeh and Citrus Stirfry). I just had to post all the pictures we took of the artwork, as there is no way I could chose one over the other. So, please enjoy all 22 shots of our visit.






















No comments: